(BS Electrical Engineering with
Engineering Manager and programmer,
Acting Sales Manager and Technical Support
Larry Gullman, Founder
(BS Mechanical Engineering with
(MS Engineering Management)
General Manager and Marketing
(BS Mechanical Engineering with
Production Manager and Designer
For 30 years MSB Technology's mission has been to bring incredible sonic value to our customers. To achieve this goal we keep our sales and advertising costs under 1% of sales. The result is that when you buy an MSB product, you are getting all product, not product and glossy full page ads. You, our satisfied customers are our only marketing.
Thank you for spreading the word.
MSB has always been a family business. It began in the Gullman home so the Gullman kids were soldering boards from a very early age and have been involved ever since. Now Jonathan and Daniel have stepped up to continue the Legacy!
Larry S. Gullman,
Founder and proud Father
Original Founders Mark (left) and Larry (right)
PS1 DAC with cover off - unique package!
First Platinum CD Player and Volume Control (early 90s)
World's first THX approved Laser Disc Player (Runco LJR II 1995)
First Platinum DAC and Transport (1997)
World's first AC-3 Demodulator (Lexicon LDD-1 1998)
World's first out board DTS processor (Millennium 2.4.6 1997)
World's first 24 bit 96K DAC (LINK DAC 1998)
World's first digital iPod based server (iLink 2006)
World's first 32 bit, 384 kHz transport (Data CD IV 2010)
World's first audio clock with Jitter under 1 psec (77 Femtosecond Galaxy Clock - 2011)
MSB Technology Corporation was founded in 1986 and incorporated in 1989. Three CD players were featured in an article on the front page of the business section of the San Jose Mercury News in 1989. MSB has produced DACs, transports and CD players ever since. The company now includes two principle activities. Our main business is as a high-end audio component manufacturer. A range of products are marketed under the MSB name. On the other hand, we do contract research and product development, creating new high-tech products for clients around the world. We have designed products for many of the leading audio and home theater companies.
We are located in Northern California
right along the middle of Monterey Bay.
Our company is comprised of full time engineering staff members. We are one of the few audio companies who do our own design and programming in-house and in the California. We also manufacture our own chassis and circuit boards in-house. Stop by for a factory tour.
With a legacy of designing and manufacturing high-end CD players and D/A converters spanning more than thirty years, MSB continues to exhibit leadership in audio technology. MSB has many firsts to our credit including:
- Demonstrated first AC-3 output for LaserDisc to Dolby 1994
- First THX approved LaserDisc Player (Runco LJR II 1995)
- First out board AC-3 demodulator (Lexicon LDD-1 1995)
- First out board DTS processor (Millennium 2.4.6 1997)
- First digital output on a DSS receiver (1997)
- First mass marketed 24 bit 96K DAC (LINK DAC 1998)
- First discrete sign-magnitude 384 kHz Ladder DAC (Platinum DAC 2000)
- First discrete asynchronous upsampler (Platinum Plus 192 kHz Upsampler 2001)
- First 80 bit DSP based digital filter (16X Filter 2005)
- First iPod based digital music server (iLink 2006)
- First 384 kHz inputs and upsampling (DAC III 2009)
- First 32 bit interface (Xport 2009)
- First 384 kHz Bit Perfect USB input (Signature USB on DAC IV 2010)
- First CD transport that could play data files up to 32 bit, 384 kHz (Data CD IV 2010)
- First clock with Jitter under 1 psec (77 Femtosecond Galaxy Clock - 2011, 33 Femtosecond Clock - 2015)
- First DAC to exceed the 24 bit theoretical limits (SELECT DAC - 2014, 149 dB dynamic range, SELECT II DAC - 2015, 173 dB dynamic range = 28.5 effective bits)
MSB Technology is a world-class multimedia company, dedicated to bringing cutting-edge technologies and innovative ideas to market. MSB Technology: The legacy continues.